Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Using Transparencies!

How-to by Jenn

I love to use transparencies on my projects! I am sure you have noticed that a lot of scrap manufacturers have started creating transparencies. From 12x12 overlays to tiny clear embellishments, you can find these all over the scrappy world!

Despite all the awesome products on the market, sometimes making your own is more fun! I always have clear office transparencies in my scraproom! They can go right through your printer and you can create one of a kind looks! You will notice that the transparencies purchased at your local office supply store are smooth on one side and rough on the other. You want to print on the rough side. I have tried using different settings on my computer and printer and I found that with my equipment, if you just print as if you were printing on paper it works best! You may want to test it out and play around to see what works best for you. Because the transparencies are thin you should have no problem with paper jamming. If you can print on cardstock using your printer then you can use transparencies!

You can print your journaling, titles, emellishements and even your pictures on transparencies!

In this LO I used a transparency to print my picture on, then I added some paint to the back of the picture to make it pop! I wanted to it be funky!


















In this LO I printed the world on a transparency!


















Thank you Jenn...those are awesome ideas and samples!!

No comments: