Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hearts!!

How-to by Valerie

Hearts are so fun to use! They can symbolize so much and are great whether they are an embellishment or a print on pattern paper!

Below are a few examples of ways to use hearts on your layouts!

For the layout titled, "Us," I used my George and Basic Shapes Cartridge on my Cricut machine and cut this heart out of the pattern paper. To give it a softer feel, I stitched lace along the edge of the heart!


















On the "Pirate and The Princess" layout, I made a series of hearts similar to a paper doll pattern. To make the round series of hearts, first trace a circle on paper (I used red cardstock). Then, find a heart shape (I used a Basic Grey Chipboard Heart) and trace the hearts on the paper along the path of the circle. Then, cut the shape out.


















For "Sweet Cookie," I hand stitched a heart on the layout. It became the perfect place to hold journaling strips!


















On the layout, "Taylor (hearts) Isabelle" I created two seperate hearts. The first one is the large one that is the background heart behind the photo. I used my Fiskars Scallop Scissors to create a softer edge for the heart. I used the smaller heart for the journaling and as part of the title. For directions on how to create
the smaller heart in photoshop, click HERE!


















Thank you Valerie! We LOVE your work!!!

No comments: