Wednesday, October 24, 2007

15 Creative Ways to Use Chipboard!

How-To by Kory

#1 - Use Beads! To dress up these plain chipboard leaves, first I painted them with acrylic paint. After the paint had dried, Iwent around the edges with a metallic gold leafing pen and then I applied strong adhesive all over the chipboard. Lastly, I covered the adhesive with beads, pressing them down with my fingers to make sure they stayed in place.














#2 - Add Buttons! To make these chipboard flowers,first I applied adhesive all over the top of the chipboard and then I pressed it down onto the back of patterned paper. I used my exacto knife to cut around the edges of the flowers and then I used sandpaper to rough them up a bit. Lastly, I added buttons and some ric-rac for a cute finishing touch.














#3 - Apply Diamond Glaze! To give these plain chipboard photo corners the look of glass, first I painted them with acrylic paint. Once the paint had dried, I simply covered them in a thick layer of Diamond Glaze and set them aside to dry.














#4 - Add Some Doodles! To give this chipboard paisley piece a whimsical feel, first I painted it with acrylic paint. After the paint had dried completely, I used black and white doodling pens to add some fun doodles.














#5 - Use Eyelets! To create the perfect center for this flower, I used a large circle punch and a piece of chipboard packaging.Next, I got out my brown ink and inked up the chipboard and then I added my eyelets. I mounted the finished chipboard center to a circular piece of green patterned paper before applying it to my flower.














#6 - Heat Embossing! I began by painting my seashell chipboard with acrylic paint. Next, I used my embossing stamp pad to cover the chipboard with embossing ink. I shook some clear embossing powder allover the chipboard, making sure to gently shake off the excess, and then I used my heat tool to melt the powder.














#7 - Punch Some Holes!!! To decorate this chipboard arrow, I first applied adhesive all over the top of my chipboard and then I adhered it to the back of a piece of patterned paper. I used my exacto knife to cut around the chipboard and then roughed it up with some sandpaper. Lastly, I used my Crop-O-Dile to punch some holes in the chipboard. I finished it up with a cute piece of ribbon tied through one of the holes.














#8 - Get Metallic!!! I used two different methods here. For the first method, I used simple kitchen foil to cover the chipboard.After I had the chipboard fully covered, I used my heat tool to melt the foil a little. The second method I used was just some simple inking. I got out a gold ink pad and inked up the chipboard really well…Simple!














#9 - Add Some Bling! To dress up these plain chipboard flowers, I first painted them with acrylic paint. After the paint had dried, I added some rhinestones for a super sparkly effect. I also went around the edges of one of the flowers with a silver leafing pen.














#10 - Use Ribbon! This boring chipboard arrow was just begging for me to dress it up. First, I painted the edges with white acrylic paint. After the paint had dried, I applied a wet adhesive (I prefer Zip Dry!)all over the chipboard. Next, I laid down the striped ribbon and gave it a chance to dry. I applied more glue to the triangular tip of the arrow and added the orange ribbon. Once it had dried, I cut off the edges of the ribbon with some sharp detail scissors.














#11 - Apply Rub-Ons! The first thing I did to this oval chipboard tag was paint it with acrylic paint. After the paint had dried,I inked it a little with some opaque white ink and then I went around the edges with a silver leafing pen. Finally, I applied a simple rub-on and some pearl brads…Beautiful!














#12 - Use Masking Tape! I really enjoy this method because it is so different. First, I covered the chipboard heart with masking tape. I used my scissors to cut off the excess. Then I took a little bit of acrylic paint and added water to it to create a wash. I used a paint brush to apply the wash all over the masking tape…Very unique!















#13 - Stamp an Image! To dress up this plain chipboard tag, first I covered it in brown patterned paper. Next, I roughed up the edges quite a bit with sandpaper and some brown distressing ink. I also used brown ink to add a stamped image of a dog paw to the center of my tag. Finally, I added some vintage looking ribbons and fibers and I was done!














#14 - Add Some Stickers! This was a really simple way to dress up a piece of chipboard. First, I painted the scalloped circle with red acrylic paint. After letting it dry, I added a sticker…Fast and easy!














#15 - Get Out Your Needle and Thread! I am a big fan of stitching on layouts, so why not sew on your chipboard?! I used two different methods here - machine stitching and hand sewing. The first method Iused on the large parentheses. Before sewing I covered my chipboard parentheses in red patterned paper and sanded them a little. Then I got out my sewing machine and added some machine stitching. The second method I used was hand stitching. Again, I covered the chipboard button in patterned paper and sanded it. Then I used several pieces of green embroidery floss and a large needle to hand stitch on the button.

No comments: